Saturday 29 October 2011

Bloody Weather

Dry days- 155
Days of rain- 148

I had planned to head to Brimham today as Met Office said all was dryness. BeardyBeast was invited, but duly declined with the reasonable excuse that he is in Font. Git.

So I headed East this morning in the rain of Lancashire. Met Office still said dry o'er t'other side. At Colne it was still raining and the skies ahead didn't look promising. By Kelbrook it was still raining, and a quick check of Met Office now said rain all day at Brimham. Brilliant. So I turned round and came home.

After a trip out to Tesco (woohoo) I opted to go for a run. I haven't run since the Cross Bay, which was over 3 months ago. I didn't have a particular route, so I just set off at a gentle pace and listened to Van Halen. At 1 hour 15 my left knee stopped me, popliteus again i think, so I walked the last mile home. Looking it up I managed 12.4km, which isn't too bad I suppose.

Oh well, if this is grit season JB I ain't impressed.

As an aside, had some health news about a good friend of mine of 17 years- you know who you are, all the best for the op and the recovery. Thinking of you, mate.

No comments:

Post a Comment