Tuesday 18 March 2014

Cadshaw

Yesterday I popped out for a couple of hours in the morning.  I initially went to Stanworth, and got shut down on the first move of Backslash Bash which was irritating as it felt OK two weeks ago when I was there with the Pasty Lord.

I moved to Cadshaw.  River blocks- wet.  Giganticus- got nowhere.  Red Wall.......

Now Red Wall is somewhere I have battled with a fair old bit.  It's oddly conditions dependent, very fickle.  Yesterday was the best I've seen it. I did Brian Jacques second go, RoB stand second go.  I had a brief look at RoB sit (the old starting foothold is gone) and I don't think the breakage makes a huge difference for me.

I then looked at an old project - start in Brian Jacques, traverse the foul edges of RoB to dyno to the right arete jug and then carry on rightwards.  Only one move I didn't do......

But then, what about a low traverse?  This took quite a bit of work (and Skin) but once I'd worked out a tricky knee scud and a weird kneeling move, I managed to link it after a dozen goes.  Outcast 6c+??.  Quite pleased.  

I also did a new dyno to the right of Hawkeye, going jug to jug.  Great fun.  Because it goes round the overlap it's a bit of a funny trajectory, which makes it all the more enjoyable.  I'll call it Rakkety Tam 6b+ for now, sounds quite dyno like.  I have a better video, but my PC is playing up so it's a 'phone video for now.

The LankyTwat is back..........




No comments:

Post a Comment