Wednesday 4 January 2017

2016 Round-up

2016 is gone, and I can't say I'm sad to see it go.  Brexit.  Trump.  The deaths of a big list of celebrities.

January saw a couple of runs up Pendle Hill, but little else.  February was much the same.

March saw me run the Rivington Trail 26 route for fun, plus a few more outings to get distance in the legs for the Buttermere to Dalemain recce.  This was in April and went pretty well, finishing quicker than previous events.

In May I did the Malhamdale Trail 22 (with pie and peas instead of a medal), the Howgills 26 (felt harder this year) and the Pooley Bridge to Ambleside Recce (where Iron Man succumbed to the heat and a bad knee).

June saw a few outings to the Lakes and a few more Wainwrights ticked off, as well as the Pennine 39 (which was a good low key event courtesy of Joe Faulkner).

July started off well with more poor weather hill ticking, but finished on a low with me pulling out of the Lakeland 100 at 91 miles.  Back again for 2017.

August saw a great holiday to France, which was far too short.  September and October nil of note, November I ran the Hell of a Hill (one day only) which was "fun".  December not much activity wise, but a great month for birthday celebrations and a lovely Christmas.

Climbing wise, not much to report.  Nik, R-man and I met up at Knowle Heights in March where they did a couple of FAs and I did sweet FA.  In October I had an hour at Lower Montcliffe, where I was rubbish so ran up Winter Hill as punishment.

So here we are at the start of 2017.  Totally unfit for climbing and need to get back on the running.  To summarise

85 out of 214 Wainwrights done.
65 books finished out of teh BBC Big read 100 list
26 Marathons/ Ultras under the belt, and more to come
91.2kg with an abdominal measurement of 105cm - this is the main aim for 2017:  get back in some semblance of shape, back on the board, and get the UTLD 100 nailed.

Happy New Year everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment