Sunday 5 June 2011

Progress?

Dry days- 80
Days of rain- 77

I had a couple of hours this morning. I had planned a Silverdale trip, but when the Ginnster became free from 9-11 I had opted for somewhere more local, probably Cadshaw. This morning I got up to find it was pissing down hence Silverdasle was out, so we opted to look at Snakey B wall which often stays dry in the rain. When we got there at 9am, after fighting past a cycle race, we found the rain was driving in the wrong direction and nothing was dry. Soaked and demoralised, we left adn opted to risk a Cadshaw visit.

We got even more soaked on the way in, but when we arrived the Red Wall was dry!! The Pasty Lord had a look at Brian Jacques, coming pretty close to holding the crux move again- very body position dependent. I had a little look at one of my other projects (viz RoB sitter into Jump Arete). I did Jump Arete first try, still a funny problem. I also managed the individual moves for RoB sit start. Then I managed the jump from the RoB crimps to the Jump Arete jug, only taking some skin off. The final move was the transition from the original RoB to the slap to the jug, which means moving the left foot 12 inches to the right. This is a body tension move, but after a few methods I found a way of doing this move. So, all the moves done. I had a try at linking it today but it wasn't to be. My left ring finger was still numb after the day I did RoB anyway, that foul crack hold is nasty, but it's even more numb now.

Ah, well- I know I can do this. It feels a bit harder than RoB, probably still 7B+ though. All I need to do is go back again to try the link, if the rain holds off that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment