Wednesday 1 June 2011

Revisiting the Nemesis

Dry days- 79
Days of rain- 73

Well, today it was dry so I went to Almscliff. I warmed up on the Keel, and after a bit of memory bank searching I remembered my sequence. I managed to do it from the start to the chip, and from the chip to missing the pocket. The right toe locky thingy didn't feel as secure as it used to, and I was still just getting tips in the pocket.

I tried Underhand, which felt harder than I remember. Then Ed's Dyno, which felt like 7a and I was getting a hand on the top, why I didn't do it I don't know. I finally managed that stupid polished 6c/+ traverse on the same block. Then a brief look at Silver Trout reminded me I couldn't do it.

A similar story with Demon Wall Roof. I can easily get the high crimp, but then switching to the undercut and moving feet into the roof is impossible. Disillusioned and with a bit of Font elbow (left) I moved on.

I looked at Hunter stones, which hurt my skin so I ran away with tail firmly between legs and headed for home.

I stopped of at Calf Crag, did Cookie Monster to a top out made entirely of scrittle. Then failed on the 7a+ round the wat, although it looks to have lost a pebble. So that was that.

Video to follow, too much brandy to drink to do any editing ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment