Wednesday 28 December 2011

The wind down to 2012

Dry days- 178
Days of rain- 184

A belated Happy Christmas to everyone. I hope you all had a good one.

It's remained wet here, so I've not managed to get out. After a decent Christmas, today the Doc and I went out for a walk around Entwisle Reservoir to get some fresh air. It was pretty busy and lots of the trees had been decorated, plus cards dedicated to various late loved ones. It all created a bit of a Blair Witch atmosphere. Red Wall was soaking, so that's one for next year. Rivers Of Blood SDS was the only aim I achieved this year, so looking forwards I've come up with a fresh set of ten for 2012:

1. Finish my Red Wall Link Up Project
2. Boulder 7c. I think the Red Wall project will be this grade, so that is excluded.  It'd be nice to do a 7C that doesn't instantly get downgraded too.
3. Get a house that I can build a woody in
4. Build a woody, and more crucially, use it
5. Tick two problems from the last few years Aims For lists
6. Run a marathon
7. Go to Font
8. Do at least ten Munros and ten Wainwrights
9. Stop drinking and get fit
10. Read ten more books from the BBC Big Read top 100

Number 9 comes from too much to drink at Christmas, although it's a theme I've needed to address for some time. The weight has been creeping inexorably upwards, the waist expanding. Thus I haven't drunk since Christmas Day and I'm planning not to for a while just to see if it makes much of a difference.

Number 10 is obviously off topic, but after War and Peace and Anna Kereninananina I have read Catch 22, and am keen to get more of these books read- just started Pride and Prejudice.

Obviously this year has been fairly wet, guaranteed more wet days than dry days now, and time has been an issue. Next year I am hoping to get out more if the weather allows. A house move and a board would help no end, but that's something to address in 2012.

As ever, too much to do but too little time. I may go for a walk tomorrow, as the forecast is wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment