Saturday 31 December 2011

The end of a wet year

Dry days- 178
Days of rain- 187

Well, that's the end of 2011! All of the Turkish Delight and walnuts are gone, there are still some mince pies and Brazil nuts left, and my as yet uncut cake As far as bouldering goes it's not been the best year, the weather has been against me from the start. Having said that, I've managed to put up a few new problems which I'm proud of which is always good. The new routing had taken the focus away from other projects such as the Keel and The Silverdale stuff, although its been a bit wet to do a lot of my Aims. Also this year I've managed my first half marathon in the Cross Bay Challenge which I thoroughly enjoyed. Losing the Old Man was a bit of a dip, but recently leaving his ashes on a Munro helped bring closure.

So life goes on, with all of its ups and downs. Despite all the ups and downs and lack of goals being achieved, I think 2011 has been pretty positive despite the roller coaster ride. I'm looking forward to a 2012 with fewer downs, more ups and more bouldering goals ticked. All in all things look pretty positive for the coming year.

Happy New Year to everybody!! I'm off to celebrate with my 6th alcohol free day. See you all next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment