Sunday 1 April 2012

Parbold

Dry days- 55
Days of rain- 37

It's been too hot for me recently. This morning was another sunny day with clear skies, and hot. It's only four weeks to the Manchester Marathon, so I continued my training by doing 12.5 miles this morning. I thought I'd try to push it a little, and managed the first five miles in 52 minutes, ten quicker than usual. I felt the last 3 miles, but managed to keep pace and got back in 2:01:46 which I was fairly pleased with. The Doc did her usual 5k run. The Preston Guild 5k is close on the tail of the marathon.

This afternoon the Doc dropped me off at Parbold Hill then went onwards to look at furniture shops. I had a look at Parbold Hill Quarry, which isn't in the Brick that I've found and the only reason I knew of it was seeing James Jennings' photo topo over on UKC. The main Mentalist wall was nice and clean, although slightly seeping/ muddy in some of the slots. I jumped on Fundamentalist which felt hard until I managed to get the hang of the pop to an edge, then I managed it first link. Mentalist is a fun problem too. I had a look at Mentalist Direct, getting close to latching the high left sidepull by the power of lank. I was thwarted by mud in the right hand starting sidepull.

I did Vesuvius/ Vesuvius Base Camp, which both felt miles easier than the V6 they are given. I eliminated the back wall too, but they still felt around 6b+. I did Etna after this, which I found hard. It was only when I got home that I realised this uses the arete, so I had added my own eliminate up the face.

Walking back up the hill to the road was hard work in the heat with a heavy bag and pad. Feeling OK now though.

Here's some footage from today, as well as last Sunday at Duxon Hill:


No comments:

Post a Comment