Tuesday 17 April 2012

Pleased for once

Dry days- 61
Days of rain- 47

My running training has been moved forward one day out of sync due to other commitments. It was a lovely day yesterday, I could have had a couple of hours out on the rock but motivation was lacking and it's so close to the Marathon that I had to force myself to get out running.

I was supposed to be doing a 6 mile gentle run but I set off to see how fast I could do a 10k, since I felt quite good the last time I went out. I set off pretty fast, which winded me a bit as the first 3 miles was pretty hilly and I thought I'd have to stop and have a lie down. I managed to keep going, and after a while I settled into a reasonable rhythm. I was pleasantly surprised that I could pick up the pace over the last mile and made the 10k in under 48 minutes. Now I know in real terms that is pretty slow, but my previous best 10k was 56 minutes so being 8 minutes quicker is quite good for me. I feel quite fit at present, which is a nice change, and I'm almost (but not quite) looking forward to the 29th when I will either die or cross the line in a blaze of glory*.

Thursday I am supposed to be doing an 8 mile gentle run, but I may go to the Lakes on Wednesday and stomp up a few hills. Hopefully that will get me nearer to my Aims for 2012.




*Well, not so much a blaze of glory as I'm not aiming for a good time- I just want the self satisfacion of having managed to complete a Marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment