Sunday 23 October 2011

Brimham Revisited

Dry days- 152
Days of rain- 144

I forgot to mention about last Sunday. I had planned to meet R-Man for some new routing/ guide checking, but Sunday morning was a bit wet. I ended up heading to Lower Montcliffe to have a look at R-Man's new problem, but everything except for Bach was wet. I played on Back, but basically got spanked. Again. I think this is nails!! After this I ended up heading to Wet Pooh with my sore skin and managed to flash a few V5s, but still failed to tick anything harder. Sack o' cack.

Fast forward to today. Lord Pasty and I had opted to head to Brimham, the Doc and her SiL agreed to come along. When we arrived, we wandered to the Pommel area and found an in situ Ginnster. The ladies went for a wander, so I got my kit and proceded to be, erm, brilliant. The mist was down which didn't help, but I did Pommel to the top out, which was wet. Then I did Back Dog Arete to the top out, which was wet. Ginnster insisted on jamming his way up these aretes. We had a brief look at the hanging flake SDS, which felt impossible today.

We moved to the Hole in the World which had kicked my arse last time. This time I was armed with the heel/ toe beta. I was getting close to matching the lip, but then opted for method B: LANK!!!! Anyway, i managed it after a few more goes. And if anyone wants to claim it ain't 7a that way, then it should be downgraded and all you shorties can accept yout beta is duff ;-)

We then went over to Pair in a Cubicle, which is becoming a Nemesis. Today I was really close to nailing it, sliding off the final belly flop. Next time, when it's cold, I'll nail this sucker. Pasty Lord had a look at Murky Rib, and once he remembered he had feet nailed it very smoothly.

We all left after this, although as a NTS member I seem to have been given a parkign ticket. The Doc, SiL and I stopped off at The Bull at Broughton for a late lunch. I've never been, despite having eyed it up numerous times when driving past. The food was excellent, a little pricey but at least to the standard you'd expect at this level. Well worth a visit.


No comments:

Post a Comment