Sunday 13 November 2011

Venue Choice Incompetence

Dry days- 163
Days of rain- 155

Today I intended to head out to Brimham, but being lazy I didn't get away as early as I had intended. I decided to go somewhere a little closer, and after Probes' recent comments about Charlotte Rampling Direct I decided to hit the Kebs. I sent the BeardyBeast a text to this effect.

The Sun over Chorley faded as I went along the M65, and by the time I was heading over from Burnley the mist was on the hills. Helpfully, BeardyBeast texted me at this point to tell me the Kebs were covered in mist. He did, however, have coffee and chocolate brownies so I carried on and went to chez Beardy. I sat in the car to hear the end of the Armistice Service, then headed in. D-unit was Ben 10ing, Mrs Beast had been sent out shopping (more halloumi). After a coffee and a bit of brownie, I opted to head back West to see how the weather was.

As I headed home it brightened up. I thought I'd have a look at Wilton one. A fair bit was wet, so I had a look at the Graveyard area, initially doing the traverse link. Then I did various eliminates. I ended up trying a new eliminate involving a pinch on the arete and a big move to get a foot on and slap for the high sloper. It felt pretty tricky and it's left for another day.

Need to get the 'bike MOTd and taxed, it's all due. Maybe this week. How come I now work part time but have even less free time than ever before?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment