Wednesday 23 November 2011

Wilton Wet, Denham Trashed

I went to Wilton One this morning, but as I drove South past Abbey Village the cloud thickened up. I wandered around Wilton One but everything was wet due to condensate.

As I headed back home I thought about the recent reports of fire damage at Denham, so I thought I'd take a look.

Basically, some fools have set a fire under Crap Pot- this fire was obviously very hot as it has taken the surface layer off the crag. The damage is localised but still significant. The only surviving hold on Crap Pot is the right starting hand hold. The higher holds that are slapped to are gone- the flakey area they existed on has peeled off. This is unfortunate, as these are also the crux holds on The Denham Traverse.

So basically two of the best hard problems here are destroyed, and no longer possible. I would strongl suggest this section of the crag is left well alone until natural weathering over the next couple of years stabilises the surface.

Gutted.





1 comment:

  1. Proper cunts to vandalise the rock like that. hopefully with weathering new sequences will emerge.

    Gutted too...

    ReplyDelete