Sunday 9 January 2011

2011

Dry days- 3
Days of rain- 6

It seems ages since I've done anything, hence the quietness on tyhe Blog Front. The dump of snow didn't really help matters, and the subsequent thaw and rain. But today I went out!!

I met up with the Ginnster at Wilton. I got there a bit early so had a look around the quarries. Essentially Wiltons 2, 3 and 4 were soaking. I was amazed by the amount of work that has been done too, the little overhang in Wilton 2 is buried under an embankment. When the Ginnster arrived, we headed into Wilton 1. The only bit dry was the Graveyard area, so after traversing a bit to warm up we got stuck in. I did 5.2% ABV and Beer Belly low starts, the Ginnster crushing Beer Belly standing start (6b area I think) and 5.2% ABV (6a+/b) pretty convincingly. I turned my attention to The Move, one of R-man's 7a problems. I've never got close when I've tried it before, but today I was slapping the hold most goes. It's one of those where the target hold is a little sandy and sloping so I will need to catch it at the deadpoint. It'll definitely go though.

After this I managed the arete eliminate to the right and a fun double dyno on smears. And then it was time to go home. BeardyBeast is having a WoB evening, but I'm so tired I think I'll just fall asleep somewhere. Sorry BB, next time.


As I acheived none of my aims in 2010, most have rolled over with 2 substitutions to mix things up a bit:

1. Buckstone Dyno
2. Screaming Slave (Woodwell)
3. Picnic Sarcastic +/- SDS
4. West Side Story
5. Jerry's Arete (Bridestones)
6. Sloping Beauty (Earl)
7. Underhand (Almscliff) May have to exchange this for The Keel as my finger doesn't like the slot.
8. Vitruvian Man (Trowbarrow)
9. Red Wall Project Shhh, esoteric venue.
10. Big Marine (Craig Y Longridge)

For those with any vague interest, 2010 scores were 154:211 wet vs dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment