Thursday 27 January 2011

Blood on your Hands

Dry days- 9
Days of rain- 18

Been rather quiet of late, mainly as I haven't been out at all. A good start to 2011, especially with the aims that have been set. This morning I managed to get out for a couple of hours. I wasn't sure whether to try one of my esoteric projects, but after a text exchange with the Ginnster (who thought the place would be wet) I headed back to Wilton 1.

It was -2 when I arrived, with some attempts at snow. Warming up at the Graveyard area took a while. Eventually I got on The Move, and it felt better today. Several time I nearly held the sloper, only for my left foot to pop. I was confident of victory, but then caught my hand as I slapped for the hold, and blood was spilled. The Move won again.

I wandered down to the Snakey B area. I did the LH version first go, it's far easier than it used to be- probably 6b+/c area. After this I mad a look at Thulsa Doom, the high traverse. The last bit has always stumped me but today I managed it using the undercut sequence of Snakey B original and some slapping. I tried to link the whole thing, failing repeatedly on the transition to get established on the overlap.

And then I had to leave, so there remains unfinished business. I will have to head back, although I think getting out will be a bit difficult for a while. Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment