Wednesday 2 February 2011

West View

Dry days- 12
Days of rain- 21

My morning suddenly became free today, so I had a wander round Lancashire quarries looking for dry rock. By 10:30 I accepted that there wasn't any, so opted for a West View hit. The Ginnster claimed to be at work, but BeardyBeast agreed to come over.

When I got there I found most of the bouldering was being reset by the Darwen Weasel. Now, when I stumped up my 6 quid nobody mentioned this and it was only when inside the wall that there were any sign to tell me of this. Crap start to the session. There were a few other pissed off boulderers there, moaning about the same issue. C'mon Wet Poo, if you're setting at least tell people before they pay the entry fee.

BeardyBeast arrived half an hour after me, so I'd had time to flash a couple of V5s and get pumped and weak. After an hour I was feeling pretty tired, power was gone. We opted for a coffee and I got some M&Ms (the peanut ones of course). Well, the first packet stuck just before it dropped out of the machine so I had to get a second in order to get the first. Unfortunately the rest did me no good at all and I continued to be rubbish. Then my skin became pretty sore.

So that was that, not bad considering the limited bouldering available. I really need to get going though if I want any success this year. Be nice if it stopped raining too.

1 comment:

  1. I must admit to being selfishly glad that the weather has been shit this year, so that I'm not missing out on much s lakes/cave way! ;)

    Hope it picks up soon for you though. You should hit the new Liverpool wall one evening/day if its a washout. Theres some nice 20-25 problem circuits and plenty of gifts to make up for the sandbags!

    ReplyDelete