Sunday 27 March 2011

Negative Progress

Dry days- 49
Days of rain- 37

Today I went out with the BeardyBeast and Lard. We bumbled off to Woodwell, where there was only the three of us quite surprisingly. The edge on BOBN is very wobbly, I suspect it's not far from coming off. I had a look at Screaming Slave, which is on my list for the year. Last year I finally managed to nail the move to the lip, so I was confident that today was the tick day. But no! It felt hard, the left heel wasn't working and I never held the lip. Arse.

BeardyBeast did it with consummate ease once he worked out where to put his foot and dropped his knee enough. Git. He then got very close to doing AOSD, fingers on the jug using the jump method. You need to MTFU next time.....

We had a look at the middle section, me failing to do any moves on a damp Not Bad Dave and BeardyBeast child herding. I then failed on the last move of Whistler Direct, weird problem that it is. The it was Cream Tea time.

After refreshments (I didn't get given butter with my scone/jam/cream combo, so had to have sugar in my tea as a means of recompense) we went to Hyning Wood. We were both tired and my skin was sore, so I failed to do all the moves on the first half of Transgenics, BeardyBeast didn't seem happy on the full link either.

So there we go, the first proper Lime day of 2011. Shite. But it's the first day, so there's time yet. And the clocks have leaped forwards, so I hope to get out in the evenings.

As an aside, BeardyBeast is going to be doing private climbing tutorage so if you're as shit as me an The Ginnster then I'm sure you could pay him to make you into a rock God. Or at least give you tips on beard trimming.

3 comments:

  1. Nice. What d'you mean, shit? I just have a fear of failure, don't you know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you mean Fear of Success.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yeah. Maybe shit was more apt.

    ReplyDelete