Sunday 13 March 2011

Tit. Field.

Dry days- 36
Days of rain- 36

Today dawned drizzly, although the MetOffice said it would dry up later. The Doc and her Boys were keen to get out so we risked a trip to Brimham, always child friendly. It drizzled a bit on the way over but the sun came out over Summerbridge.

We had a wander about, the Boys clambering everywhere. The Black Chipper Arete SDS was dry (ish), although Titfield was wet. I wandered back to the car and picked up some kit. After warming up on, erm Black Chipper Arete SDS, I managed the slap move for the first time. Progress. The next move, RH guppy on the Arete, eluded me. Then I realised I just had to push harder with the right toe. And then I did the move. I spent a while slapping away at the next move, until I rememebered I had to swap feet. And then that move was done.

So, all the moves done. I set up the HV20 for the crush. The first move, LH slap, was a formality. The next move to get the RH guppy eluded me. Close, very close in fact, but no cigar. Repeat this process for an hour, you get the idea.

Titfield Thunderbolt. After developing holes in all my LH tips, I moved to Titfield. Now, I can reach the good LH sidepull from the ground. Is that cheating? I've asked on UKB to check. ANyway, I can pull on and then muck about. I managed to get the high "crimp" a few times, but fell off swapping feet about. i think this will go (assuming the start is legit).

I'm quite psyched to get out and do stuff now.

No comments:

Post a Comment