Sunday 6 March 2011

Chalkstorms

Dry days- 33
Days of rain- 32

A run of dry weather marked a return to Wilton One this morning. I was amazed to find that now the entire graveyard overhang AND graveyard slab were coated in chalk. FFS people, there is no need!

Basically I spent an hour failing to hold the sloper on The Move, although I was even closer than last time. This is by far the most sessions on a meagre 7a, utterly nails. After that I had a look at Thulsa Doom. I managed to link into the crux of Snakey B original and was surprised that I managed the move up into the undercuts. I had the next left hand hold, then got the finishing jug.... and fell off. I swore like a trooper. It had felt OK, I had it in the bag. Failure snatched from the jaws of success. Aaaaarse. Subsequent efforts failed at the move into the undercut.

Bit of a mixed day really. Progress of sorts, but a good deal of frustration. The finger was still sore but better, so I hope when that heals I'll nail these two Wilton seiges. A long way to go for the aims for 2011. 7c? I ain't holding my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment