Thursday 31 March 2011

Positive Progress

Dry days- 50
Days of rain- 40

It rained yesterday, but today it dawned misty and dried up later. I had arranged to meet the Ginnster at Cadshaw- he was keen on a Brian Jacques and I was keen to revisit Rivers of Blood low start.

The Red Wall was a little greasy, but it's such a weird place for conditions. Everything felt hard today at first, both of us performing badly. The Ginnster was trying Brian Jacques via the R-Man sequence. I had a look at this and suggested he try my dynamic method. I managed to demonstrate the move after a few goes, although I had my left foot further left than before. The Lord of the Pastry-Coated-Meat-Feasts was getting close, I think he'll be in with a good chance with this one.

I had a go at Brian Jacques from the sitter and was pleased to nail it first try- the move to the edge is one of those that is impossible until you get the knack. I played on the sitter to RoB, failing miserably trying to get the RH edge. I then tried it going up to the RH crimpy sloper first, rather than taking the LH edge first. This felt nails until my LF happened upon a tiny dink, and then I managed the move a couple of times.

I'm really psyched for this problem, it feels solid 7b and maybe harder. But it's so conditionsy it's hard to tell. It's also pretty morpho. I think it'll take some working. PastyKid is keen for a Brian Jacques rematch too, so I may end up back here a bit in the near future. Bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment