Friday 19 August 2011

Back Again

Dry days- 120
Days of rain- 113

I headed back to Wilton One this morning for another scout. I initially went to the Pit, failing miserably to pull onto The Postman's Daughter sitter, I can't even get my arse off the floor!! Then the midges ate me so I ran away to the Prow where there was a breeze.

I did the easier stuff again, then lost skin on Yoga For Climbers before trying it as a dyno from the first hold. This will go, tough move though as you start on small flatties with high feet- feels like you'll blast off backwards.

Once my skin was dead, I headed back to the car- but on the way I noticed a dirty arete right of Remembrance Corner and thought I'd try it. It took ages to clean but eventually it was in a condition to try. I had a go from a standing start, and latched the last move 5th go, unfortunately re-opening my flapper from the other day. Felt about font 6c, but it may be easier when properly clean. There is a sitter which I didn't try due to bleeding, so I may head back at some point. It'll go on its left too I expect.

EDIT: R-man and Binks did that arete previously. It must get dirty prettyu fast!!


Wilton from GCW on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment