Monday 1 August 2011

Skinless Wonder

Dry days- 114
Days of rain- 100

Another hot weekend. The Family Doc and I headed to Brimham yesterday. I had a look at The Lost World. I wasn't sure if the flatty out right was in, so avoided it. I was getting the lip OK with a low left smear and a right toe hook, but couldn't pull enough to then match the lip. Looking at the pics on YG, Big Frank uses a heel which wasn't possible starting the way I was. Basically I tried it RH to lip then a blind dyno to the hole, which I nearly held a few times- nearly meaning I ended up with holes in a couple of tips and subsequently filed it in the "another day" folder.

I did a fair few easy problems around the Pommel, but it was scorching so eventually we just went for a wander and a coffee.

Raining today, which means my skin has a little rest. As of Wednesday I should have some free time to get out. Also planning a weekend in Scotland to try to up the Munro numbers before starting work in September.

Oh, and there's also a dodgy pic from the Cross Bay challenge now online, credits to Boswell Photography.

3 comments:

  1. You've got the right idea G, looking trim lad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oddly enough, I'm still the same weight and still have a beer gut!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every man needs a winter bouldering coat squire, fear not! What is life without fine rich food anyway!?

    Keep up the hard work and the rewards will be immense.

    ReplyDelete