Thursday 4 August 2011

W.O.F.T.

Dry days- 116
Days of rain- 101

This morning I drove to Preston and did battle with LaSCA, although to be fair they seemed OK with my completion of their 38 page form and have now told me I am allowed to work. This news was a bit double edged, as I had quite looked forward to a month of enforced workshyness, and thus more bouldering. Needless to say the Doc was pleased. As I was in Preston, and done by 11:30, I thought I'd pop to West View.

The lady on the desk cheerfully took my 6 pounds, without mention that the freestanding boards were all being reset. I've said it before but the lack of a sign and being charged full price when only a small part is available is annoying. Cracked record, I be, yes.

Aaaanyway, I did most of the problems in the cave, which was hot and crowded. After an hour I'd had enough, and had done any problems I was likely to do, so I bailed. I popped into Tesco to get some stuff for tea, I'd planned to do lamb kidneys in red wine- and got asked for ID for the bottle of red wine I was trying to buy. I was quite taken aback, as was the checkout girl when she realised I'm 34. I'll assume it must be my youthful good looks.

After this I decided to go for a run, but it was so humid and hot I opted for the shortest local route, 4.66km in 25:45 (the usual 10.9kmh average). Now I have cooled down and showered, I'm sat with a beer and about to read War and Peace, up to page 1058 now.

1 comment: