Friday 29 July 2011

Thorn

Dry days- 112
Days of rain- 99

Today I headed out early and went to Thorn. To start with it was cloudy and cool, I was hopeful for decent conditions. I note the 3 car bay now has a "no parking" sign. I wandered up to Pit Stop, having a look at the direct through the roof. With a wedged right foot I was getting close to the good bit of the break by taking the left and off and popping up with the right. NO cigar today though, although I did lose a decent amount of skin.

Next I headed up to Monster Minds, which seems a cool problem. I did all the moves but the slap to the RH ear- every time I tried this I got cramp in my right calf when trying to heel hook!! It's still sore now. I wandered up to the crag, skin being pretty rubbish by now I didn't bother putting my boots on, although I did admire A Moment Of Clarity:



I went to try Bad Moon Rising but I found the flake was in a right state, eroded but more worryingly flexing significantly. It's only held on by the area on the left and I doubt it'll last much longer- therefore I walked on by and went to The Mothership area. I had a look at Yule Jewel, how the hell you pull on I still can't fathom. By now it was hot, I was tired and my skin was suffering. I did a load of the easier problems, then headed home. 2 more days at work then I'll have no plans for most of August, thanks to LaSCA and their paperwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment