Sunday 24 July 2011

Cross Bay Challenge

Today I did the Cross Bay Challenge- the half Marathon across Morecambe bay. I can't recommend it enough. Unique environment, lively running surfaces which vary a lot, wading through channels etc. Awesome!

I felt pretty good for the run. I was a little over an hour at the 7 mile point, so sub 2 hours was on. At 12 miles I was at 1:48 so it was still on. I tried to push it, the surfaces got more wet but thenthe finish was there. And I was very pleased to get it done in 1:59:30!!!

So what next? Hmmmm, maybe a longer distance?........

8 comments:

  1. Nice one, chub! sub 2hrs too! And you wonder why your knees are fucked...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The official Chip time of 2:00:38 was a little disappointing, seems a bit out from my stopwatch?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I doubt they're that the microchip is more accurate than the watch on your wrist IMHO

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I did the manchester 10k, the stopwatch was 1 second out. I was at the back of the pack so I wonder if the start time was when the gun went off?
    I'd trust the stopwatch more TBH.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just had it confirmed- the chip time includes the time it takes to get to the start line from the offset, so I DID do it in under 2 hours! YYFY!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice one G, now stop fucking your kness with this running stuff and get back to crush factor 11.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops, just entered the 2012 Manchester Marathon!!!

    ReplyDelete