Tuesday 12 July 2011

Munros and Pounding the Streets

Dry days- 103
Days of rain- 91

Back from a long weekend away. The Doc and I went up to Scotland on Friday, having a wander around Glasgow on the Friday, finding out all the nice shops etc that aren't there anymore, and going for tea at the Ubiquitous Chip, and a pint at Jinty's afterwards. Saturday we met up with MadMac and family, and wandered up to the Whangie in the blazing sun, then takeaway curry.

Sunday the Doc and I took advantage of the Grosvenor's cooked breakfast before driving up to Arrochar for a wander. The midges were out in force, and the Doc wasn't too impressed at this. We headed up the Cobbler path, then over to the direct path up the ridge to Ben Narnain. The weather wasn't too bad, cloud base below the summit. After the summit, we headed back down to the bealach to the Cobbler in the rain, then headed back down past the Narnain boulders (which looked so so).

Today I was back at work, and finished at 18:30. When I got home I went for a run managing 14.7km in 1:26:37, averaging 10.2kmh which I was quite pleased with. 12 days until the Cross bay Challenge!!

I may head to Healey Nab tomorrow, the Ginnster went there today and CRUSHED!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment