Wednesday 8 February 2012

BirthdayBeast

Dry days- 20
Days of rain- 19

This morning was cold. The Doc was out earlyish so I took the opportunity to head out too. It was minus two when I set off to Brimham for a look at the outlying areas. BeardyBirthdayBeast and I had previously looked for crimpy roof but failed to find it. Today I parked up in the layby along the road and had a wander. I managed to stumble across Harvey after wandering around in the snow. This gave me a bearing and I then manged to find crimpy roof. This looked neat but, erm, crimpy. After this was Dolphin Nose. This had a couple of easier things to do and was the obvious warm up spot.

After going back to the car to get the mats, I headed to Dolphin Nose. I did Dolphin Nose after a couple of goes, then did the low start fairly easily. This is labelled as the Big Green in the Total Climbing guide, and given 7a. It felt more like 6c today, and after looking at YG.com The Big Green seems to be a direct line right of Dolphin Nose. This involved one big move to the pocket which I found very hard to catch. I only held this twice. The first time was from a high start where I got three fingers in. The next time was for a low start (I am a little confused as to exactly what's in and out on this problem) I latched the pocket with two fingers to the first pad. Determined not to fuck up, I managed to "style" to victory.

After this I flashed the low traverse- I have to agree with Moose about ths being a Dwarf's revenge. Ouch.

Video to follow............



No comments:

Post a Comment