Friday 24 February 2012

Man Flu

Dry days- 28
Days of rain- 27

Rather a mixed week weather wise, it has tended to rain all morning and then brighten up in the afternoons- not the best combo for getting out, although this luckily coincided with a rather hectic week. It has also meant that there have been some really interesting cloud formations going on this week. Yesterday, Nemo texted me to say there were excellent iridescent formations where he was in Durham. Clouds and atmospheric optics still amaze me.

This week I have been mostly feeling a bit full of the Lurgy, generally grotty and knackered. This in combination with the rain made me sack off the marathon regime until I'm feeling better, I learned the hard way last time that pushing it can make you feel more shite.

Wednesday was my day off, and it was pissing down. I really couldn't face sitting around the house, so I went for a walk around Entwisle reservoir. it was pretty grotty weather but it was good to get some fresh air. The Red Wall at Cadshaw was piss wet, and now the trees have been trimmed the rain falls directly onto the face. What this will do to the fickle conditions here I have no idea. I'm keen to get back on my projects here once there's a decent dry spell.

I also had a wander further up the stream that runs back to the A666, and found an interesting culvert. i may upload some pics once I get around to it, I just realised I haven't even edited the Murky Rib SDS film! Getting slack.

3 comments:

  1. Slack? 'bout time you bucked up your ideas Wallis ;) I'm intrigued about this culvert, as it's round the corner... Let me know when you head up there next, i'd be keen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not something you can explore, just something is never seen before. I'll post a picture.

      Delete
  2. Be good to get back to red wall, shame that it now seems to get damp...

    ReplyDelete