Wednesday 7 March 2012

Back to the roads

Dry days- 34
Days of rain- 33

I still feel pretty rubbish, sore throat and generally washed out. I was keen to get to Almscliff today, but it was pissing down here and a BeardyBeast report from further East was the same. Both MWIS and the MetOffice said similar, so I had no option but to try to get back into the running program, since I've missed two weeks.

Tomorrow was supposed to be an easy eight mile run, but since I'm working all tomorrow I decided to do it today. two mistakes- not eating this morning before going out, and then picking a hilly nine mile route. Oops. The head winds didn't help much either.

By seven miles I was getting my usual popliteal discomfort in the left leg, this only ever happens when I try to push faster and I suspect is due to my crap running style. Despite this I made the eight miles in one hour twenty minutes and the 8.8 miles in just under an hour and a half. Tired now though, I still don't think I'm 100% over the lurgy.

No comments:

Post a Comment