Thursday 15 March 2012

Shit skin for grit

Dry days- 40
Days of rain- 35

Yesterday I was taking the Doc's Big Car for its service. This meantime had a few hours, and a courtesy Volvo C30 diesel, to play with. After a check on UKB I was put off Yorkshire, so I opted for a Peak raid.

The sun was out as I left Lancashire, but the cloud set in over the Snake and passing Stanage I couldn't even see the chalk on Hamper's Hang! Burbage was cold and in cloud, but I headed to the Famous Grouse area to warm up on Breakfast. This puzzled me. I tried various things including an illegal lank to that high right hand crimp with the foot lock still in place. After an aeon on failing, three guys appeared and joined me in the quest. James, Ryan and another dude whose name I didn't catch had a go. They suggested better beta, a clamping foot thingy, and I should have done it except for being tired. After a while I admitted defeat and moved rightwards.

I was so close to Jason's Mono it sent me mental. What a frustrating little shit! I then wandered along Burbage and need up at The Terrace. I had a brief go, he starting few moves feeling ok apart from the incredible skin pain. one to look at again once I'm stronger.

Just made the mistake of googling masterchef to watch the final Oh, well. At least I know who wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment