Wednesday 21 March 2012

Rubbish

Dry days- 44
Days of rain- 37

Yesterday I continued the Marathon training with a sprint/ jog session: 45 seconds fast run, the three minutes jogging. I was supposed to do six cycles of this, but I lost count and ended up doing seven. I felt rough during the sprints but managed to recover fully during the jogging sections. I thought I'd done ok until I stomped around the hillside today.

I'd arranged to meet the BeardyBeast at Caley at 10:00. I was a quarter of an hour late, but luckily so was BB. We wandered up to the crag, BB wanting to look at Strangeness. It looked in need of a clean and brush. We tried the two problems on the small wall opposite Rick's Rock, on the Pinch boulder. These were greasy and we hated them. BeardyBeast fell from the last move of Rick's Rock a few times due to the greasiness. Then we moved on to the boulders. I have to say, we weren't psyched. BeardyBeast had a look at Scary Canary, which looks nasty We did a couple of the easiest things, BB did the Flapjack traverse despite it being a bit wet. I struggled on the first move, which was was a little irksome. BB did Mr Smooth fifty times just to annoy me, then I failed on it. Again. I hate that problem. By now it was nearly home time, but I had a brief play on the Horn left hand which was super greasy. And after that we headed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment