Tuesday 19 April 2011

Catch up

Dry days- 65
Days of rain- 43

The Doc and I went up to Glen Shiel on Friday for two nights in the Cluanie Inn. On Saturday we had a wander up some Munros, planning to do Carn Ghluasaid, Sgurr nan Conbhairean and Sail Chaorain. The MWIS forecast looked good, but in the event the cloud was down at 750m and it was cold and windy. After the first two Munros we decided to forget about Sail Chaorain and headed back to the pub. A bit awkward as I am now left with an awkward to access hill for the future. Fun day out anyway.

Monday I had an hour in the evening, so headed back to Cadshaw. The local population of Mosquitos met me at the Red Wall, and it felt a little greasy. The sitter to Rivers of Blood defeated me completely, the left hand crack hold making my finger go numb. I had a look at the Ginnster's project arete thing adn made some progress. I discovered that the high "edge" wasn't at all a hold, so the top is going to be hard. Really, it needs a ladder taking in for inspection/ cleaning. I think I will be heading back on Thursday with the Ginnster.

On a seperate note, the BeardyBeast has apparently left his laptop and camcorder at home. That may restrict his Font video making.

No comments:

Post a Comment