Wednesday 27 April 2011

A New Nemesis

Dry days- 68
Days of rain- 43

It was hot today, and I wasn't sure if I'd be getting out. My left index finger is still raw from Second Coming, so I was trying to think of places with slopers and Shuck's Lair popped into mind. I went here once with BeardyBeast a while ago and wasn't impressed but I thought I'd give it another go. The Doc was at a loose end so she tagged along.

The new approach is much better than the original, and we got ther easily enough. It was in direct sun and pretty hot and sweaty. As a lot of the starts seem to involve a campus move it wasn't long before we moved on to the Fairy Steps. I had a look at the Taliesin area, which I've never been to before. The sitter for the V4 crack was worth a look. Initially I was getting nowhere on the sit start, although the stand start was steady away. After a while I got all but the first move sussed and fairly solid. Eventually I managed the first move.

The link was elusive today, I got through the hard moves a few times only to botch a fairly easy, but quite powerful move, that transitions into the stand start. I was very annoyed, had reopened my split finger and had run out of time. So that's another to add to the to-do list.

No comments:

Post a Comment