Wednesday 20 April 2011

Lime weather

Dry days- 61
Days of rain- 43

It has been hot today. Very hot. I hope it ain't this hot for the BeardyBeast in Bleau.

I headed to Fairy Steps today, hoping the sun would be diluted through the trees. First off I headed over to Democracy, a problem I've never tried. I warmed up by working it bit by bit and managed every move in control, nicely static. So then I had a crack at the link. I was surprised to do it first go, although the calm and control had gone and it was all a bit slappy. After this I did Cultural Elite Sign Up Sheet, then headed back for a crack at Aeon Dyno.

Three guys were at the Aeon Buttress on the way back so I left it and headed up to Walk Away. I did Intellect stand, then had a look at The Second Coming and the 7a+ wall to the right. As usual I failed on both. By this time it was super hot, my skin was sore and I had run out of drink so I headed home. Rematch in due course.


A couple of easy things at Fairy Steps from GCW on Vimeo.

2 comments:

  1. Nice. Always love fairy steps in the heat!

    I remember cultural elite being a really nice climb but getting shut down on a V1 sitter over on the left of democracy wall. world's biggest sandbag?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a couple of "Easy" problems there that I always find hard!!

    ReplyDelete