Monday 11 April 2011

Rain, drizzle, mist, wind, and precipitation

Dry days- 58
Days of rain- 43

Today I had the whole day free, the last few days hve been hot and sunny. I was going to have a look at Guisecliff which is somewhere I've never been. The forecast didn't look great though, but why waste a day?

The day started out nice, but once at Guisecliff it became darker and more threatening. I landed up at the Mop Top block, and did the left side of the arete (well actually I didn't as I didn't top it out as the top was filthy).

I then wandered to have a look at A Little Sparkle, and as I arrived the rain started. It was drizzle at first, but enough to make all the smear slimy so I gave it up pretty quickly. I looked at Jesus Jelly Mould which needs a good scrub, then the heavens opened. I wandered back to the car getting soaked. Actually, I stomped up and down the hillside looking at all the other stuff, getting soaked.

So then I sat in the car eating my lunch and watching the horizontal rain thinking of what to do. I opted to risk a visit to Snowden as I knew the Tantric wall overhangs and the wind was in the right direction. I was right on this occasion, and the wall was dry- the top was soaked and there was some run off but it was dripping away from the rock.

I did Naked Yoga via a better sequence- this along with the rock stabilising means it's likely 6c. I then did The Bridge second try, but without the top out onto soaking slopers. Tantric Traverse still resisted. I find this really hard on the first move. I did it from the second move to the end, but that first span feels nails. I wonder if it's my unstable shoulder that does it?

So there you go, a wet day. Typical. And now I'm back home typing this and it's sunny again. Typical.


Wet Day In Yarkshar from GCW on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment