Thursday 21 April 2011

Twist

Dry days- 62
Days of rain- 43

I headed back to Cadshaw with the Pasty Lord tonight. I met him at the Red Wall where he was having a go at Brian Jacques. I had a few goes at the Arete Project, feeling more static on it. I think this will go, but it's hard to know which bit of the break (read "non hold") to slap for.

After this I tried my sitter into RoB, and was surprised to get the RH crimp properly, and turn it into a 4 finger crimped grip. I had a fair crack at then holding the left hand of the stand up starting holds, so I know I can do this, although it feels hard.

Then we opted to have a look at Twist, one of Olly Mueller's problems from ages ago. The Ginnster did it in a couple of tries using the back step method. I flashed it using the Lanky method. No surprises there.

We headed to have a look at the other wall mentioned in the old SLB guide as a project, across the river and up a slippery slope of death. There's an interesting flake line, reminiscent of a mirrored Hacker. It had a wasp nest in it that I got rid of, only for the solitary occupant to hang around buzzing angrily. We had a play on this, feels quite hard but it's quite dirty, then headed home via a much easier method that didn't involve death.

Progress made, and I'm pretty keen to get back and finish my project. Or should I say projects.



Twist from GCW on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment