Sunday 15 May 2011

Manchester 10k

Dry days- 75
Days of rain- 60

Blob 2 had her super exciting mega fun birthday party yesterday, so we all had sugar and E-number fuelled kids to deal with. More excitement when BeardyBeast needed a jump start due to forgetfulness. My knee has been pretty bad recently and I wasn't even sure if I was going to do the Manchester 10k.

I was taking the Doc to Manchestah anyway as she was doing the race, so I decided to give it a go. It was cold and rainy today, not ideal but at least it was cooler than it has been for sometime. I ended up doing the run, taking a rucksack full of coats along the way. Other than the bad knee I felt pretty decent, although by no means was I pushing it. I managed to get around OK, my stopwatch said 56:14 but the electronic chip time will be out soon.

I've been thinking about doing the Morecambe Bay half marathon- after today I'm even more keen, looks like a really interesting day out. In fact, I may go and register right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment