Wednesday 4 May 2011

YYFY

Dry days- 75
Days of rain- 43

This afternoon I had a couple of hours free, and as the forecast suggests rain soon I opted to look at Cadshaw again.

On the way over the fire of Anglezarke Moor was evident, having spread across to Wheelton Moor over as far as the A675. Quite a decent burn area, reinforced by the number of fire engines around.

Red Wall wsa in pretty decent nick. I spent a while trying the various moves on the Red Wall, before getting sucked into my project. After a lot of trying I managed to link from the LH crack and RH sidepull to the finish of the stand up of Rivers Of Blood (that nobody else can do as they can't reach the starting holds?!?).

After a lot more trying I finally did the project. It felt super hard, I'll suggest 7b+, but also very morpho (my solution involved a dynamic slap at full stretch for me) and condition dependant. Really really pleased though, it's a cool problem.

So there was the little matter of the Rick's Arete project. Shit, this is also pretty tough. And as my skin was trashed and ROB had given me a flapper, I left it for another day- and headed home happy. And psyched for more. YYFY.


Rivers of Blood from GCW on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment