Monday 30 May 2011

Pastures New

Dry days- 78
Days of rain- 72

This morning dawned wet, rain rain rain. So much for a Silverdale session. The Doc was heading out for a run this morning so I opted to do the same. I did a variation on the usual, chopping it down to 7-and-a-bit km, managing it in 41:03 (average of 10.5kmh). I think I will need to get more miles in before the Cross Bay Challenge.

This afternoon I went over to the BeardyBeast's, the original plan being to have a WoB session. Unfortunately, neither of us felt particularly up to that so after a brew the plan morphed into a trip to Rokt in Brighouse. After registration, we had a wander round the place- it's quite big and has quite a few rooms and a comp board. The comp board felt hard to me, it's pretty steep really. I managed to flash a V6 in one of the rooms (but it wasn't really V6, more like V4) and did one of BeardyBeast's yellow problems second go, although it wasn't V7 for someone of my height. But don't tell him I said it was easier for the tall, we'll never hear the end of it.

Funny wall really, lots of potential but rather dark- lighting needs sorting, you're either blinded or can't see- and some rooms are cramped meaning a lot of waiting for others to finish their problem. But it's nice to go somewhere new.

No comments:

Post a Comment