Thursday 19 May 2011

Remind me in future......

Dry days- 77
Days of rain- 62

Earl Crag. The hardest thing I've done there is the John Dunne Slap, it always kicks may arse. I just don't get on with the place- it destroys my skin and kicks my arse every time.

Anyway, today I had some free time. I wanted to head to Silverdale really, but it's been so wet recently I thought it would be wet. Earl it was. First off I had a look at Jim Purchon's 7b under the monument, and got pretty close to getting the hold you leap for. But the left hand hold has a pebble, and it wasn't friendly so I sacked that off. I failed to make any progress on Handy Andy's, desperate. I had a look at Andy Brown's Wall, getting the sidepull quite easily but then getting spat off from the last move. I was OK moving feet about to get set up, but on one try my right hand slipped off and I ripped a fingernail off- message received, move on.

I looked at the Gimp/ the Flakes / Lager Lager Lager, but by then the spirit was broken and after half heartedly pulling on to these problems, I admitted defeat.

Ilkley- another place I don't get on with. in fact most of ghe visits have been after running from Earl with tail-between-legs. Ringpiece kicked my ass, the move I could do before defeated me- partly due to tired legs, the 11 mile run has obviously had some effect. I then went and looked at Chairiots of Fire Eliminate, doing all the moves steadily. This could be a good one to try, but I'm shite at stamina so it coiuld be a bit of a seige.

So if I suggest an Earl visit, please remind me of all this........

No comments:

Post a Comment